Jigsaw needs bylaws. Noisebridge's bylaws suggest many topics our bylaws should cover. Bylaws should cover the following issues:
- Definition of a member
- How does one become a member?
- What does this mean for them (duties and privileges)
- Suspension or termination of membership
- off boarding
- the form and frequency of meetings
- the cooperative nature of our organization... And it's at this point that I Googled "cooperative bylaws and found some generic bylaw examples for cooperatives:
- Use of space
- orphaned projects
- long term
- short term
- desk space
- getting a key
- loaning a key
- returning a key
- you lose your key if...
- voting process
- what is a majority?
- blocking - you cannot block unless you have a better option you're willing to impliment
Expedited Board Approval - what to do if we don't have a bylaw to guide us