A high-level summary of the marketing plan.
Brief description of product to be marketed and associated goals, such as sales figures and strategic goals.
- Market share
- Value drivers
- Decision process
- Concentration of customer base for particular products
- Market position
- Market shares
Subsidiaries, joint ventures, and distributors, etc.
Macro-environmental PEST analysis :
- Political and legal environment
- Economic environment
- Social and cultural environment
- Technological environment
A SWOT analysis of the business environment can be performed by organizing the environmental factors as follows:
The firm's internal attributes can be classed as strengths and weaknesses. The external environment presents opportunities and threats.
Present a description of the market segmentation as follows:
- Percent of sales
- What they want
- How they use product
- Support requirements
- How to reach them
- Price sensitivity
. . .
Alternative Marketing Strategies
List and discuss the alternatives that were considered before arriving at the recommended strategy. Alternatives might include discontinuing a product, re-branding, positioning as a premium or value product, etc.
Selected Marketing Strategy
Discuss why the strategy was selected, then the marketing mix decisions (4 P's) of product, price, place (distribution), and promotion.
Products & Services
The product decisions should consider the product's advantages and how they will be leveraged. Product decisions should include:
Discuss pricing strategy, expected volume, and decisions for the following pricing variables:
- List price
- Payment terms and financing options
- Leasing options
Decision variables include:
- Distribution channels, such as direct, retail, distributors & intermediates
- Motivating the channel - for example, distributor margins
- Criteria for evaluating distributors
- Logistics, including transportation, warehousing, and order fulfilment
- Advertising, including how much and which media.
- Public relations
- Promotional programs
- Budget; determine break-even point for any additional spending
- Projected results of the promotional programs
Short & Long-Term Projections
The selected strategy's immediate effects, expected long-term results, and any special actions required to achieve them. This section may include forecasts of revenues and expenses as well as the results of a break-even analysis.
Summarize all of the above.
Calculations of market size, commissions, profit margins, break-even analyses, etc.
- Wiki page on Marketing Plan